Besides working with schools and families directly, PCF is committed to help Community Centers, Churches, After School programs, and anyone else willing to make computers available to their communities free of charge. That includes supporting other organizations, non-profits, and programs by providing them with computers and projectors, or assist in teaching classes.
PCF has partnered with various other organizations that run programs to benefit the communities we serve. Often times these organizations are able to recruit volunteers, find space for their programs, and so forth. But they typically have a hard time raising the funds required to purchase computers. By providing these organizations with computers to use (and/or hand out), PCF has been able to increase our reach into the communities we serve.
We have supported many programs and organizations during the last two years, including:
- Better Tomorrows OST Programs
- Bhutanese Refugees Org.
- Blessing Youth
- Breakthrough Greater Philadelphia
- Brewerytown Sharswood NAC/CDC
- Camden Dream Center
- ChickTech Philadelphia
- Computer Literacy for Community Kids
- Concerned Black Men Inc.
- Creative Impact Studios (at The Village of Arts and Humanities)
- Face to Face
- George L Cannon II House of H.O.P.E. for Girls
- Haven Peniel Technology Academy
- Haven Youth Center, Inc.
- House of Refuge Community Outreach Church
- Multi-School Musical – a partnership between ASAP Drama & ASPIRA of PA Schools
- North Light Community Center
- Onyx Valley of CultureTrust Greater Philadelphia
- Sai Temple Malvern – Kids education activities
- Schmidt Playground Homework Help
- Sewa International
- Shake Rattle and Roll Learning Center (4 separate locations)
- Sharon Knights Athletics Inc.
- TechCORE2 Nonprofit Corporation
- Urban Promise
Here are just a few of the pictures of the installs that were done:
PCF Western Suburbs Chapter volunteers Srikar, Ashwin, and their families have contributed a lot both in terms of identifying programs in need as well as helping refurbish and installing the computers at various program locations.