To promote student learning, the Philadelphia Children’s Foundation is offering Logan Elementary families FREE take-home computers.
A computer at home will enable your child to access online learning tools that will help him/her with math, language, and other skills.
Access to these online learning tools is paid for by the School District and all students benefit from using them. It is an integral part of the learning curriculum in Philadelphia public schools.
TO QUALIFY for a free take-home computer:
- Your child must be a student at Logan Elementary (or another participating school)
- You must have internet service at home. Comcast offers discounted internet service for ~$10/month
- And, most importantly, you must agree that your student will spend AT LEAST ONE HOUR PER WEEK using these educational websites
How it works:
- Complete and submit the form below to apply.
- We will email you to let you know if you were approved or not.
- Once a month, PCF will be at your school and give you a computer and/or answer questions you may have.
- You have to transport the computer home yourself.
- Once home, you will have to install the computer yourself.
- PCF does not provide speakers or headphones.
James Logan Elementary school administrators:
download the parent handout as a PDF or as an (editable) MS Word doc.