The Philadelphia Children’s Foundation is looking to fill a part time position as soon as possible.
Philadelphia Children’s Foundation
Elementary School Technology Program
Development and Instruction
PCF is a non-profit organization of people who passionately believe that tomorrow’s leaders need computer skills today. Many inner-city households have no or no working computer, and their children often go to schools in the same boat: many classrooms have few or no working computers to assist in their learning. These children have a slim chance of competing with computer-literate peers.
PCF’s mission is to bridge this gap by donating and installing refurbished computers into Philadelphia public school classrooms, community & recreation centers, etc. We also support selected families with home computers and teach technology classes (including 3D). Check our Programs Page for information about what we do (including our Library Support program).
The Elementary Technology Program Development and Instruction person will assist our Executive Director and volunteers, with some or all of the following (depending on skills and interests):
- Coordinating school installations including the PCF school application process, overseeing student volunteers and classroom setups.
- Further developing the basic elementary school computer literacy instruction strategy and materials, including 3-D printing.
- After training, conducting basic computer instruction workshops
- Identifying appropriate digital resources for students and teachers.
- Organizing and overseeing rehabbing process and warehouse organization.
- Developing an evaluation process to report on outcomes following each school installation process and teaching experience.
- Coordinating volunteers
- Have a strong interest, and ideally some experience, in working with elementary school students
- Have some experience in basic computer troubleshooting
- Be able to deliver effective instruction and work effectively with parents, students, teachers, principals and volunteers
- Be strong enough to do some computer unit lifting (no elevators in schools 🙂 )
- Be a quick learner, hard worker, self-starter
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Have passed or be able to pass the Pennsylvania Criminal Background check
- Possess a Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Prefer student with at least one-year community service college requirement
For more information, please contact:
Jan Deruiter, Executive Director
(215) 242-5118 (email works best)